What Is Was Like to Go to Yeoman "A" School in the Untied States Navy in Mississippi


What is was wish to attend Yeoman "A" School Training.

I received Meridian, Mississippi, for Yeoman "A" School Training, they called it. it had been alleged to be a few of months long school, where they teach you all the right ways, to type up Navy correspondence, and other paper work.


I arrived within the middle of the night to my new duty station. The way the dorm rooms were found out, there have been 3 guys to an area, and 4 rooms per common area, with sitting tables, TV, and stuff like that, that was like our front room. I remember a very big fat guy, yelling at the highest of his lungs, "fresh meat", he was yelling. Luckily on behalf of me, that jerk was just on his answer, and that i didn't need to put up for him very long in the least.


I remember, going the primary day, right down to school. First, you had to fall in line with everyone else. the entire school marched from the barracks, right down to the varsity, during a military order. Down at the varsity, they were getting to teach us the way to type, to start out off with. I had had, a typing class in highschool, but I never actually learned to type one word on the typewriter. The teacher was nice to me, and gave me a D-, with great care I could pass the category. But this was the Navy, and i am sure they expected me to find out the way to type. There was no way around learning to type, it had to be done. I learned to type the proper way, and at a particular speed, in about 2 weeks.

The way the Navy teaches you to type, is that they show you a movie within the dark, and conceal your key board from your eyes. They turn the lights off, and that they show you these Navy movies, that are about fortnight long. Each few hour movie shows you ways to type different words, and before you recognize it, the movie is completed, and you recognize the way to type in your sleep. you are doing such a lot repetitive typing, that you simply find yourself doing it in your sleep, it seems, and you've got to be ready to A specific amount of words, per minute, so as to graduate from the category, and advance to your next duty station.

Related Topics:

Royal navy cap      


Besides the day to day learning at college, about doing paper work the proper way, and stuff like that. Yeoman school was just about a bit like the other school, you'd learn stuff at. Except here, you wore a consistent, and had to urge into formation each morning, and hear things being told to you.

You could just about do what you wanted, after school every day. You were allowed to try to to what you wanted just about, but you weren't allowed to go away the bottom, and enter town. i used to be in Meridian for about two months, but I didn't have much chance, to ascertain tons of various parts of the town, only a couple of times, once they allow us to out on liberty call.

At school, most of the people are coming and going, preparing to ship out, to new duty stations. People were getting assigned orders to all or any sorts of exotic sounding in places. they need a thing within the Navy, that they call the "dream sheet", where you choose three places you'd like your next new duty station to be. The Navy says they're going to attempt to get you one among your dream duty stations, or as on the brink of one among them, as they will.

I picked Australia, the Philippines, and Hawaii. The Navy ended up giving me orders to a ship that was stationed in Guam. I had never heard of Guam before. I had to travel look it abreast of the map. it had been about right within the middle of all three of my duty station selections, but just not one among them. But getting to my new ship, would still come later. I still had to end yeoman school, and graduate from it first. Some people could never get the hang of typing, at a particular speed. They ended up having to drop the varsity, and pick another job to coach for.

School was still a fresh place for many people. We had just finished camp, and was learning to possess more freedom given to us, and tons less yelling happening, like camp had. a number of the characters, within the units we were berthed in, just plain for buy crazy Aiguillette .

The building Unit we were all living in, was three stories tall, and had various people living in it. a number of the folks that were living in our unit, were waiting to be discharged from the Navy, for various reasons. In one among rooms that was directly below us, was some flamboyant gays living. They were so outrageously gay, and flamboyant about it, like Liberace. A black and a white guy.

Also want to know about:

The Navy was discharging them both, for being openly gay. They were about the gayest guys I had ever seen, and that i think they could of been the primary ones I've ever seen, in real world, besides on TV. i used to be from alittle town, they might of truly been doing the simplest darn act, to urge out of the Navy, but i do not think so, no guy would go threw that.

On one among the times, that i used to be assigned my first watch, it had been to be with a partner. we might be a roving patrol for the varsity grounds for four hours. once I showed up for my watch, i used to be partnered up with a woman, that was getting to be a yeoman also.

As we walked around for our 4 hours on watch time, we did the standard stuff. Just walking around, and ensuring nothing was wrong. My new partner I had just met, was asking me, what sorts of drugs I liked to try to to. I told her my experiences that I had with drugs, and it had been limited, then she told me hers. I had never heard of a number of the drugs she was talking about, some time past anyway. Now a days, the things she said is everywhere, but she was from the town, and said she loved it, and did it all the time, and that i didn't even know what she was talking about. That was really the primary girl I had ever talked to, who wore a consistent a bit like mine, and that i wondered what quite girls join the Navy?

While i used to be still stationed at yeoman training school, we got another paycheck. All of a sudden, I had tons of additional money, and that i didn't owe anybody any of it. i used to be watching a bulletin board somewhere, and that i noticed this motorcycle purchasable, for $500. it had been one among the staff members who was stationed on the bottom, and also lived on the bottom, but just worked elsewhere.

Students weren't allowed to go away the bottom, unless they were on liberty. I bought and purchased the motorcycle, with most the cash, from the paycheck I had just received. The guy I bought the bike from, also gave me tons of additional parts, like an additional gasoline tank, gas can, oil, those kinds of things, you get with a motorcycle once you pip out sometimes. I parked the motorcycle within the parking zone of the barracks. i used to be getting to keep the motorcycle, only for me to ride around with, on base, just while i used to be at college, then get obviate it. I put all the additional parts, gasoline, oil, etc... in my cabinet that stands up sort of a small get up closet, that you simply are alleged to keep your dress uniforms in.
Follow Us On Social Media Pages:

Follow and have a conversation with us.

Comments